Promoting Awareness, Victim Empowerment (PAVE)
“Promoting Awareness, Victim Empowerment (PAVE) is a multi-chapter national 501c3 nonprofit organization that uses education and action to shatter the silence of sexual violence through targeted social, educational and legislative tactics.
- PAVE was created to shatter the silence of sexual violence using education and action.
- PAVE values survivor voices as one of the strongest tools to shatter the silence.
- PAVE works to prevent sexual violence by engaging both men and women.
- PAVE was built on inclusiveness to all communities regardless of biological sex, gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual preference, ability, religion, creed, etc.
- PAVE is not a support group. It is a grassroots organization that raises awareness and takes action on issues of sexual and domestic violence.
- PAVE is not just for survivors. It is for everyone, though many survivors find healing by turning their trauma into action.
- PAVE aims to educate on the prevalent myths and misconceptions surrounding violence, including the fact that the majority of sexual assaults are committed by someone the victim knows and trusts.
- PAVE believes that all members in the community have a stake in ending sexual violence. Prevention transcends individual responsibility to include bystander intervention and perpetrator accountability.
- PAVE never blames victims for the crimes done to them.
- PAVE is working towards a societal shift and uses grassroots action to create change.”